Central West LHIN BSO – Geriatric Development Day
The Central West LHIN in collaboration with the Central West BSO Network is offering a professional development opportunity for long-term care homes and community partners within the region. Team members supporting people living with dementia are eligible to participate in the 1-day LIVING the Dementia Journey (LDJ) Overview Workshop. This opportunity is sponsored by Dufferin Oaks Home for Aged, Holland Christian Homes (Faith Manor), Hawthorn Woods Care Community, Schlegel Villages (The Village of Sandalwood Park).
- When: Wednesday, March 27, 2019 (8:30 AM – 4:30 PM)
- Where: Holland Christian Homes (7900 McLaughlin Road South, Brampton, ON, L6Y 5A7)
Who Can Participate in this Workshop?
- Team members supporting people living with dementia (e.g. BSO network, recreation, nursing, food services, and other team members)
- Priority will be given to the BSO network staff within the Central West LHIN.
- Maximum 3 team members from the same long-term care home.
- Deadline: Friday, March 22, 2019
- Cost: $50.00 per person
- All participants will receive an LDJ workbook and certificate.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Paid parking is available across the street at Sheridan College (park in Lot 3 or Lot 1). There is very limited parking available at the venue. Please do not park in any space marked “reserved”.
For full details and registration, please visit: LDJ Overview Workshop – March 27, 2019